Park Smart, have a parking question? Call (860) 443-1715
- Why can’t Motorist park where they want?
By allowing motorists to park where they wish this may endanger lives by hindering Emergency vehicles from fire hydrant, block the line of sight for pedestrians or reduce turnover parking for patrons visiting local businesses, merchants, and restaurants.
- Is it illegal to park in your driveway blocking the sidewalk?
It is illegal to park on the sidewalk or extend any portion of the vehicle over the sidewalk in the City of New London.
- Who writes parking tickets in New London?
The City of New London Parking Authority (‘PA”) and Police Department is responsible for issuing parking citation violations. The PA is responsible for collecting parking enforcement ticket fines, and providing customer service via the Office of Parking Management – 860-443-1776.
- How much is a parking ticket New London?
Most parking violation ticket fines are $25. There are many different violations as noted below:
- PARKING IN A BUS STOP $25.00
- PARKING MORE THAN TWELVE (12) INCHES FROM THE CURB $25.00
- PARKING ON A SIDEWALK $25.00
- PARKING IN A CROSSWALK $25.00
- PARKING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE STREET $25.00
- PARKING IN A “NOPARKING” AREA $25.00
- OVER THE POSTED LIMITED IN A PARKING AREA $25.00
- VIOLATION OF WRITER PARKING LAW $25.00
- PARKING IN A LOADING/UNLOADING ZONE $25.00
- DOUBLE PARKING $25.00
- PARKING WITHIN TEN (10) FEET OF A CORNER $25.00
- RESIDENTIAL PARKING ZONE ONLY – PERMIT REQUIRED $25.00
- PARKING WITHIN TEN (10) FEET OF A FIRE HYDRANT $25.00
- PARKING N A “TEMPORARY NO-PARKING” AREA $25.00
- PARKING IN A FIRE LANE $50.00
- OBSTRUCTING A DRIVEWAY OR CURB CUT $50.00
- VIOLATION OF HANDICAPPED PARKING (STATE PERMIT REQUIRED) $125.00
- PARKING IN A BICYCLE LANE $25.00
- PARKING IN A COMMERCIAL VEHICLE ZONE $25.00
Failure to submit the amount indicated above may result in a superior court judgment against you; impoundment or immobilization of vehicle identified above; denial of vehicle registration or renewal thereof.
Parking citation fines shall double if not paid within fourteen (14) business days.